Wednesday, November 3, 2010

FRICTION

Yesterday, we tried to make the balloon move along the piece of wool by taping it to a straw that was on the string. When we let the balloon go, the air came out, but it didn't move! Oh no!!

Today, we tried again. We changed two things...one was the length of the straw...we made it longer. We also changed the wool to nice slippery fishing wire. Watch what happened this time!!



Carolyn told us that it worked today because there was less friction. Just like if you fall over on slippery grass or wet concrete.

5 comments:

  1. I am amazed that you managed to get that balloon to travel all the way across the classroom like that! And I bet Elly loved getting your message...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, and that balloon went in such an awesome straight line. Well done!

    Venessa (Bridget's mum)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah Man! Nice! Who could ever think thats boring? I wish I could do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the way you sede the blolly to elly.I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. fantastic work i like the way that you did not give up and you kept trying the experiment

    ReplyDelete