Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Mentos and Coke

We did an experiment today with coke and mentos. Before we did the experiment we needed to "predict" what would happen. Predicting means guessing/saying what we think might happen.

Here are our predictions...

Yassmine - I think it will explode in everyone's face.

Donatello - I think the coke will explode up the top.

Bridget - I think it will go up and everywhere.

Charlotte - I think the bottle will tip over.

Qwade - I think the bottle will tip over.

Luke - I think the bottle will crack open.

Sai - I think the bottle will go up and down.

Zara - I think the bottle will fall over and all of the coke will fall out.

Aria - I think the coke will jump up.

Cooper - I think it will explode because of the mentos.

Fergus - All of the coke will go on the table.

Ayushman - I think the water will come up and down.

Katherine - I think the mentos will explode out - pop, pop, pop!

Reagan - I think that it will explode up.

Ashlee - I think the coke will explode out.

Sohpie - The coke is going to come out of the bottle.

Jett - I think it will explode just like the volcano we made.

We went outside to see what would happen...Jett was right! It did look like the vocanoes we made! The coke bubbled up and spilled out of the bottle.


Next we watched a utube video of the coke and mentos experiment... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKoB0MHVBvM

Our experiment did not go that high! How could we make ours go higher???

Jett - I think if we put more mentos in it will go higher.

Aria - I think we might need more coke to make it go higher.

Fergus - I think we need a bigger bottle so we can put lots of coke in it.

Katherine - If we have a bigger bottle and more mentos it will explode out.

Charlotte - I think we need to fill the bottle up to the top.

Luke - I think we need 808 bottles to make it go up into space!

Great ideas guys!! Lets see what we can do!

1 comment:

  1. WOW!Those are some awesome predictions

    ReplyDelete